Our friends at Thespis are looking for people for upcoming show, Conversation with a Dying Whale:
We are a small theatre outfit, Thespis, comprising both NUS students and alumni who are currently looking to build a production team for our upcoming production of Conversation with a Dying Whale by Kenneth Chong. This team will be the driving force behind the production as a whole and will be essential for the success of the production and all members will be critical in shaping the production into its final incarnation. As such, we are looking for passionate individuals with a strong interest in the theatre and the ability to commit their time and energy to the production.
Thespis has put up various productions over the years, most notably Re: Almost Left Behind, which was featured under Platform Campus for the Singapore Arts Festival 2011.
Positions available include:
· Producer – Co-Head of the production along with the Director. Is in charge of the more practical aspects of the production including funding, licensing and planning.
· Production Manager – Manages and coordinates the various branches of the production, channelling important information and funds to wherever they need to be.
· Marketing Manager – Manages and coordinates production collateral, ticketing, publicity and outreach. S/he is ultimately the crucial link between the show and its audience.
We hope to show at end August, with auditions beginning in May.
The rehearsal period will be for 3 months from June to August.
- This is by no means an exclusively NUS production, the only criteria are passion and commitment. Thespis has often worked with, and indeed enjoys working with, individuals outside of NUS from all different walks of life.
- We are also looking for individuals who are interested in contributing in other roles not outlined above.
- Unfortunately as we are a non-profit with no money, the only remuneration we are able to promise is the joy of the theatre.
- This is not an audition call, an audition call will be sent out at a later date.
- Please firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and if you wish to express your interest in joining us in this endeavour.
March is jam packed with productions. Here’s a comprehensive list:
The Illusionists (to 4 March), MBS
Wicked (to 22 Apr), MBS
Girl Talk (to 4 March), Jubilee Hall, Raffles Hotel
The TENG Ensemble, Su Abode (4 March)
Cooling Off Day (to 11 March), SOTA
Three Little Pigs (to 15 April), DBS Arts Centre
Mosaic Music Festival (9-18 March), Esplanade
Kuo Pao Kun Festival (check The Theatre Practice’s website)
Sonnets For An Old Century (only 3 March, 8pm), Palawan Beach, Sentosa
Sing to the Dawn (5-19 March), Drama Centre Theatre
Guru of Chai (6-17 March), DBS Arts Centre
NUS Arts Festival (9-25 March), Various
Krishnan’s Dairy (21-31 March), DBS Arts Centre
Drama Box Bus Stop (15-17 March), Goodman Arts Centre
The Masseur and the Thief (16-17 March), SOTA
BudsTheatre From Scratch (15-118 March), Drama Centre Black Box. Tickets from Buds Theatre.
The Three Big Bullies (mandarin, 21-24 March), SOTA
Lanterns Never Go Out, (22-25 March), Drama Centre Black Box. Tickets from Gatecrash.
Tickets available from Sistic unless otherwise stated.